Leek & Roasted Red Pepper Soup
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 large Onion, chopped
1 cup Celery, chopped
3 Leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced (I used the jarred kind)
2 jars, 15 oz. each Roasted Red Peppers, drained (I like the Merretta brand)
1 – 49 oz. can Chicken broth
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons Chicken base (I like the Tone’s brand in the jar)
¼ tsp. or to taste Crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Cavender’s Greek seasoning
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
To taste Salt & pepper (Be sure and taste before you salt)
(if it’s too salty, add a pinch or two of sugar)
2 Tablespoons Butter, unsalted
¼ – ½ cup Heavy Cream
- In a large, heavy bottomed stock pot, sauté onions, celery and leeks in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add chicken broth and roasted red peppers.
- Blend with a stick blender or in a regular blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except for the butter and heavy cream.
- Simmer for at least an hour. (The longer it simmers the better the favors develop.) Soup can be refrigerated or frozen, after cooling, at this point.
- To serve, bring soup to just shy of boiling, add butter and cream.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, chives, sour cream, or garlic croutons. OR all of the above.
Old Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
While staying at the Old Magnolia House takes guests back to a quieter, simpler, and more charming Victorian era, its still necessary to keep up with the times when it comes to keeping our guests and future visitors informed on all the exciting news at our inn.
Join us now on several social media platforms to hear about the newest happenings, favorite recipes, famous guests, special occasions, promotions, and all good things and blessings that are Old Magnolia House, and Paris, Texas-related.
We hope you will take a minute to follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OldMagnoliaHous
Also please LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oldmagnoliahouse
Lots of wonderful photographs of our Old Magnolia House memories and events can be enjoyed on Instagram at: https://instagram.com/oldmagnoliahouse/
Be sure to check out our Pinterest site for favorite recipes, travel related suggestions, and other great information: https://www.pinterest.com/omh731/
We look forward to seeing you soon for romantic getaway, girlfriend retreat, honeymoon, corporate event, wedding, or any special memory we can help you to create.
Paris, Texas Weather Forecast
Decreasing cloudiness and windy. High near 80F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Windy with thunderstorms, especially in the morning. A few storms may be severe. High 76F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%.